Evaluate your final project and the final show.
Write 3-4 page double-spaced evaluations of your final project and the works in the final show. Discuss strengths and weaknesses of your work. How do people react to your work and what feedback you have received. Write a critique of the other works in the Capstone project show. Which pieces were strongest why, and which one you thought were weak and why. Be objective and support your opinions with specific examples.
Write it as an essay review with introduction, main content and conclusion.
In your evaluation address these points:
Use these points as guide for your essay. Do not write your final evaluation in points.
- Start with brief description of your project and list everyone working or helping you with the project if applicable.
- What was it like to work on the project? Did you accomplish what you had planed?
- If you worked in-group, what was your contribution to the project with ideas or contributing by providing support, work or materials?
- If you worked in-group, describe and evaluate each group member’s role in the success of your project?
- Which parts of the project you enjoyed working on?
- Which part of your project was you least satisfied?
- Were you satisfied with the outcome, why or why not?
- If you could change or do anything different on your project what would you do?
- Comparing to other works in class, how would you evaluate your project?
10. What was your impression of the entire class art show?
11. Was having art show a good experience or you would have prefer not to do final show just final critique?
12. Review the show overall. Did it meet your expectations? What was working and positive, what was not working and why?
13. Which piece in the show besides your own you thought was strongest and why?
14. Which piece in the final show you thought was the weakest and why?
15. In retrospect, what is your opinion on doing semester long art piece or would you have rather work on several pieces?
16. What suggestions you have to make the process of working on the projects better?
17. Would you prefer to have more or less studio time to work on the final project?
18. Would you prefer to have shorter classes few times a week instead one long class a week?
19. Would you prefer more class discussions or guest speakers addressing topics relevant to the class or more lab time?
20. What suggestions would you have to make the projects stronger?
21. In your opinion, what did you gain in the Arts and Technology classes?
22. What classes would you like to see in the Arts and Technology program?
23. Can you summarize your experience in this class?
- 24. Do you feel it helped you to apply creatively what you learned in the Arts and Technology classes?