What does art mean for you?
Read the The Impoverishment of American Culture.pdf document and reflect on your experience and view of art in culture.
Do you agree or disagree with the authors point of view on contemporary culture and art? What you think your generation bring to art and culture? Write 2 page essay (double spaced) reflecting on your view of art's and technology significance and function in your life and contemporary culture. Are there other forms of expression today that can be viewed as art or you think galleries and museums should be more active in showing forms of art that reflect contemporary world.
At the end of your essay formulate 4 questions you like to examine through your project, and be prepared to discuss it in class. What important message you like the viewer to come up with when they see and experience your work?
We will in class discuss the questions you like to explore in your work.
Some suggestions on what you could address in your essay but do not limit your scope to these only.
- What does art represent for you?
- Is digital technology able to create art?
- Can digital technology create expressive art?
- What qualities you look and appreciate and art?
- What reaction you have when you encounter art you don't appreciate?
- When did you last made attempt to make art just because?
- Do you think art can be useful?
- What use for art is there today?
- What function you think art has?
- Do you enjoy making art you you just like the final result?
- Is process of making art more important then the result?
- Do you feel art intimidates?