Turn in 2 page project proposal.
Write a proposal for your art installation piece addressing points and issues listed bellow. Edit your final Proposal for content and grammar before you turn it in for review. Your proposal will be submitted with letter and application to the University of Utah Grounds for approval so it has to look professional.
Writhing Creative Arts Proposal
Your proposal for site specific installation must offer very specific and detail description of the objectives, process and the product resulting from the project. Your proposal has to show the significance of the work in relation to your interests, experiences and its impact on the community or organization you writing the proposal to.
With the Creative Art Proposal you will have to include:
If your project is on University of Utah Grounds clearly written or typed loan form.
Write a requisition letter to Sue Pope University of Utah Grounds Supervisor with brief summary of your project and formal request to use location for your installation.
Clear visual documentation of your project, including photographs of your project location, maps if applicable, and detailed well developed drawings on sketch paper at least 8”X10 “ (no preliminary sketches!)
A project synopsis is a brief but specific statement of the project objectives and methods.
The Project narrative is a discussion of your project objectives and methods. In the project narrative you provide detailed account of how your project objectives effect your work process, materials, forms and location for your piece. Clearly explain why you choose the location in respect to the objectives you are trying to accomplish.
3. Medium, and Materials:
- Describe in detail the work you will be creating, its shape, size and scope.
- What media and materials you will be working with?
- What conceptual approaches you are taking with this project?
- Describe the location in relation to the process, how you will effect the location with your piece. Will the piece significantly alter the site?
- Provide detailed timeline for your project, including pre production and research.
- Write production schedule, itemizing tasks and allocation time and organization to complete the project on time.
- How where and when do you plan to present your work?
- How will this project impact the viewer/site visitors?
- What you hope this project will accomplish.
15 pts for proposal